If you really want to enjoy your Spring Break, you'll need to know a few things about Panama City Beach, the sun, the Gulf, alcohol, etc. So, we put the basics down here for you in a Top Ten list. For more great Spring Break tips, browse through our Spring Break Forums and hear from Spring Breakers who have been there and done that!
1. Sunscreen. You can't have too much of it, especially when you're in, on, or near the water - or our sparkling white beaches! "Authorities" recommend at least an SPF 15. If you do get burned, take aspirin or ibuprofen.
2. You're going to be in the sun. You're going to drink too much booze. You're going to dance too much. In other words, you're going to dehydrate. So drink some water already.
3. Watch out for traffic. The streets around the bars, clubs and hotels are ALWAYS busy. Some of these drivers are drunk, some are doped-up, and some are just stupid.
4. If you get a jellyfish sting, don't rub it. That'll only make it worse. Put some meat tenderizer on it, or go to a walk-in clinic. Or ride it out, tough guy.
5. Balcony jumping. If you hang from balconies while drunk, chances are you'll fall. Fall, and chances are you'll die. Avoid this by not climbing on balconies.
6. Florida's drinking age is 21. The bartenders, cops and judges won't forget it... so don't try 'em.
7. Travel in groups. Don't let your friends wander off with strangers. Just because it's Spring Break doesn't mean the predators take the month off.
8. Watch out for the riptide and rip currents. They're narrow sections of current too strong to swim against and will take you quickly offshore. Swim parallel to shore until you are out of the rip current, then swim towards the beach. Or drown.
9. Watch your drink. There are scumbags who would spike your drink and then you. Don't give them the chance.
10. Condoms. Condoms. Condoms.