Home  |  Mobile  |  Apps  |  Social        

TripSmarter.Com

Beach TV Online Stream UPGRADE!

Just wanted to let everyone know we upgraded the Beach TV online stream this week.

Beach TV LIVE Online

Better audio and video quality, plus we'll have some cool new features to add in the future, like "Coming Up Next," DVR functionality and more.

Best of all, Beach TV is now available for iPhones and iPads so you can take Beach TV with you and watch it virtually anywhere! (Android and other mobile streams coming soon).

Watch Beach TV on your iPhone and iPad

Let us know what you think!

bob_stl is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member
    Looks and sounds great! It will look even better fullscreen at home on my LCD TV.

Thanks for the kind words Bob!

This will be great for tomorrow while we're getting 2 to 4 inches of snow. This winter just won't quit up here. I think Mother Nature has ADD!

Yep, I've got a PC hooked up to a 42 inch LCD TV, and it looks great! Look at that sizzling steak at Angelos... mmmm... Awesome job, guys and gals!

Nice, I'll have to try the same soon.

Hopefully it looks as good as standard definition TV.

We'll slowly make the transition to widescreen and eventually HD, but the only feasible way to do it is in synch with our broadcast stations, which have MUCH higher cost issues and more technical hurdles. They are working on it, though...

Well, I use this setup mostly for netflix. I've been watching some of the old Colombo TV shows and I would say that the SD video quality is just as good at full screen. So you don't get the blockiness that was there before. The only thing that I notice is that it looks like the video was recorded or transcoded at something less that 30 frames per second. Maybe something more like around 24, or so. I had done some video editing before though, so I don't know that the casual observer would even notice. While it's difficult to notice anything other than Margit when she's in the picture, the waves rumbling behind her were very clear.

Ridge is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member
    Very nice! This will stoke the PCB fires at my house. Already trying to plan our next trip and this makes me hope it's soon.

Huge props on the streaming upgrade. Have not yet tried it on my EVO, but on the computer (and my flat screen TV), the pic quality and sound is great.

You have always been ahead of the game, and you still are. Here in Las Vegas, I'm working with the VegasVideoNetwork (dot com) and while they are nowhere near what you all have done for over a decade....

Bottom Line is that if you provide a stream and/or shows that look good on big flat screens, you are good-go-go. And... you've done that.

Cheers to all at Beach TV and Tripsmarter.com!

Thanks Ted!

VegasVideoNetwork looks like they're on to something good. I might poke around a little. Site looks great!

You coming to PCB anytime soon? I'm trying to plan a trip to Vegas but every time I try, something gets in the way.... work, family, etc. One of these days I'll make it over there, though... soon!

The timeframe for me to get down is now sooner than later...

I'm doing something with Destin Magazine which you'll see soon (Summer issue). You guys KNOW that I'm a huge fan of Tripsmarter.com and once that comes out, you'll see that I can "hook a brother up". Just hit me at ted (at) my domain and we'll make sure you have a great time here.

BTW... the MTV spring break here was next-to-nothing. I absolutely continue to say that for the best Spring Break experience, one must go to Panama City Beach. And... stay tuned into Tripsmarter.com and the Beach TV live streaming video.

Thanks Ted... the same goes for you. Make sure you let me know when you're visiting the Emerald Coast and we'll plan to get some drinks.

Also, I had a chance this weekend to check out the online Beach TV stream on a 42" 1080p Toshiba LCD and I can honestly say the picture quality looked as good or better than any of the standard definition channels available on our cable system. I even had the picture zoomed in to fill the entire screen and it still looked great. It's definitely not HD quality, but better than most SD channels. These newer HDTVs do a great job of upconverting standard definition content if the original picture quality is decent. I'm pretty stoked about it beause now our sales team can show off our channels on HDTVs anywhere there is an Internet connection. It'll be great for presentations, etc.

Thread Information