OK - I have a wish list of places I'd like to see on Key TV. Some of them have been done before, but so much has changed over the last two or three years, and now that I can watch the station live on my IPad and IPhone, I have more time to devote to my drinking obsession! Ha!
Seriously, I want to see new stuff in HD. I want to see my favorite bartenders in all their glory - even if I can't actually BE there, I can almost smell the tequila on my IPhone. So - I'm starting a list ... and appealing to the gurus of Key TV to make these a priority. Here goes:
1. I love TK at Antonia's. He's hysterical, and he makes the most incredible martinis - plus, he knows the wine cellar like the back of his hand, and he can always find the best bottles (does everyone know that...???? NO! - so, the world needs to know you can go to Antonia's for a smart cocktail and a fabulous bottle of wine or champagne and smunch on deliciousness and love up on TK).
2. Santiago's Bodega. I know it's a restaurant, but they built a fabulous BAR... it's three times (five times?) as big as the old one, and where once there were five bar stools, now you can fit 15 or 16 people round the happy bartender and have a party, eat those incredible little plates and have a wonderful time without the formality of dinner. This is news worthy of a Hoebee or Capps Cocktail Expose!
3. Slippy...l ooops, I mean SLOPPY Joes! Now - I live in Key West half the year, and I KNOW how important this place is to every single person who comes down to visit me. BUT, there's NOTHING new on Key TV about Sloppy's! Why is that? The bands are always changing - I think we need a story about the entertainment. And... there are some WILD employees there that have been slinging cocktails and making unforgettable memories for people for years - I want to hear where they came from and how they got stuck in Paradise!
4. Fairvilla - OK, it's not a bar, but it IS a LOVER's Paradise! I remember the old piece (no pun intended) with Tom Luna and Randy Peterson - they went shopping at Fairvilla before they went out, and it was AWESOME! People visiting the island need to know that they can go to Fairvilla, slip into something like a MASK and 12 inch heels and a see-through medieval tunic and go OUT without fear of being recognized! Ha! It really was a classic! Bring it BACK! Hoebee would make a great Tarzan... or, on second though, maybe something with more body coverage is in order! Capps could pull it off (no pun) tho - Jane?
5. Dante's. OK - it's not fair that we only get to see the naked people at Fantasy Fest at Dante's pool. We KNOW they are there year 'round. Let's get a year 'round perspective... you can use those little fuzzy filters for the naked parts... we can use our imagination.
Alright - that's my Top Five for tonight. Since I'm here in Key West, I am a total loser for sitting here at my computer asking for you to put stuff on my TV. I can just get on my bike and go to Slippy's... I mean Sloppy's... gotta stop by Fairvilla for my mask on the way.
Does anyone get what I'm saying? Or, am I all alone in this?????