Home  |  Mobile  |  Apps  |  Social        

TripSmarter.Com
    New Orleans, Key West & PC Beach, Florida, U.S.A.

Tableau - it's got everything... I mean literally - everything. Ha!

OK, I just had lunch at Dickie Brennan's new restaurant in New Orleans, Tableau. First - the food was AWESOME.... little fried okra starter drizzled with red pepper jelly. Then, starter of shrimp, crab, crab claws... then sautéed Redfish and a dessert of HOT Chocolate - make that cold chocolate pudding spiced with Cayenne!

Anyway - the food was great - they have wine and beer on tap - the good stuff - service was great - building and interior are CRAZY beautiful, Spanish inspired - you truly expect to see Zorro flying by overhead on the giant Spanish chandeliers (built by Bevolo ... the same guy that makes the gas lights throughout the city)...

But the real deal is... people come to New Orleans with three basic things in mind:
    Fabulous Courtyards with lush vegetation and fountains (check!)
    Beautiful table on a balcony overlooking an incredible lively view (check!)
    Jackson Square and the Mississippi (CHECK! That's the freakin' view!)

Go there right away. Do not delay.
    Oh, and did I mention it's right next door to the famous old Le Petite Theater?
    So - add entertainment ... to the entertainment they already have available inside at the piano.

Nuff said

akcapps is offline New TripSmarter.Com Member

Can't wait to check this place out!!

I've heard so much about this place and of course I am a big fan of Commanders so I'm sure it is awesome!
    Last time I was in New Orleans, they were almost done remodeling, but weren't quite open so now that it is, I can't wait to check it out! I've heard nothing but fantastic things from locals and visitors alike. I'll be sure to let you all know what my experience was like when I visit next month!

Quote Originally Posted by Toni View Post
    OK, I just had lunch at Dickie Brennan's new restaurant in New Orleans, Tableau. First - the food was AWESOME.... little fried okra starter drizzled with red pepper jelly. Then, starter of shrimp, crab, crab claws... then sautéed Redfish and a dessert of HOT Chocolate - make that cold chocolate pudding spiced with Cayenne!

Anyway - the food was great - they have wine and beer on tap - the good stuff - service was great - building and interior are CRAZY beautiful, Spanish inspired - you truly expect to see Zorro flying by overhead on the giant Spanish chandeliers (built by Bevolo ... the same guy that makes the gas lights throughout the city)...

But the real deal is... people come to New Orleans with three basic things in mind:
    Fabulous Courtyards with lush vegetation and fountains (check!)
    Beautiful table on a balcony overlooking an incredible lively view (check!)
    Jackson Square and the Mississippi (CHECK! That's the freakin' view!)

Go there right away. Do not delay.
    Oh, and did I mention it's right next door to the famous old Le Petite Theater?
    So - add entertainment ... to the entertainment they already have available inside at the piano.

Nuff said

Thread Information