Home  |  Mobile  |  Apps  |  Social        

TripSmarter.Com
    beachnut is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member

Owner canceled our end of August rental

Can anyone suggest a place for us that is beachfront with a deck? Prefer more of a townhouse, in the quieter area of the beach or not by a high rise of any kind and needs to be pet friendly. Our trip is in 2 months and due to problems with a few renters this year the owner has all of a sudden made their place not pet friendly. No high rise wanted, hubby won't stay in one. Don't want to be near any saloon or bar either. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated. Cannot really afford more than $1300 for 5 nights. Cannot do a Saturday to Saturday so the owner would have to allow us to rent for 5 nights only and it be coming in on Friday and leaving on Wednesday due to the hubby's work schedule that week. Thanks.

Ridge is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member
    Sorry to hear about the change of policy Beachnut. We had the same thing happen to us years ago and this year the lady we rent from changed her open schedule and now only does the Sat-Sun. My wife searched VRBO.com and actually got us a better deal in the same building. More days for about the same money. Good luck on the search. Let us know if you have any good luck.

I did secure something but it really wasn't where we preferred to be but we stayed at these Beachside Townhomes before, at Front Beach and Hwy 79 but those have a problem with vagrants and drunks hanging around them. We encountered 4 of them the one time we stayed there but we had to take what we could get this time. I've heard one of the cleaning people has had to run some of them off from the place even now and that there is evidence of them sleeping under the decks of some of the units. Hope we run into none this time. But if you happen to hear of anything available beachfront around the West end that is pet friendly for 5 nights, July 21st through July 26th, check out day, let me know. Thanks.

Did a quick search on VRBO but the most reasonable thing I could find was a nice house @ 375.00/Night (VRBO listing # 502455). I hope the goobers will find another place to crash since the weather is so warm. If I find anything better I'll get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Did a quick search on VRBO but the most reasonable thing I could find was a nice house @ 375.00/Night (VRBO listing # 502455). I hope the goobers will find another place to crash since the weather is so warm. If I find anything better I'll get back to you.
    Was actually not bad last year Ridge. No problem with vagrants at all. As a matter of fact, at the very end of the complex the end unit had some type of fence up at the side and front of their deck to keep people out from under there so we saw none. We are staying there again next month.

That sounds great. Hope you guys have a great time. We weren't planning to go this year because we have tons going on both at home and work. Lately we've been watching a bunch of Beach TV so I think we may change our plans. October is are usual time but we may shoot for an early November trip. Have a fun and safe trip!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    That sounds great. Hope you guys have a great time. We weren't planning to go this year because we have tons going on both at home and work. Lately we've been watching a bunch of Beach TV so I think we may change our plans. October is are usual time but we may shoot for an early November trip. Have a fun and safe trip!
    Thanks Ridge. I hope we do. Just not as long as I'd like. Hope the weather is good for us. I haven't worked since October 2014 so I've had a long break. But after this trip I have to buckle down and find something work wise. I got fed up with the way things were going on in the office after 13 years and up and quit. We have managed without the second income luckily. But my husband is nearing retirement so I am going to have to find something before he does for insurance purposes.

We rented a beach house one year in that stretch of beach houses on Oleander Dr, only to walk into the door to find painters and renovators remodeling the entire house. So we were stuck with no place to stay during peak summer vacation time. It was a nightmare. We did eventually find a room at the Regency towers, but it was a struggle finding a place for a week on that short of a notice.

Bowhunter, after reading that I will never complain about a room again. Wow!

Thread Information