Home  |  Mobile  |  Apps  |  Social        

TripSmarter.Com
    beachnut is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member

Panama City Beach weather

Can't believe how great the weather has been since we got here yesterday around 11:35. My husband kept looking at the weather saying they were showing rain all week, was a lot of talk of rain from Erica which has not occurred so far, thank goodness. Couldn't be better. The bad side, love bugs and that we have to go home Saturday, only having 5 nights here. But many don't get that. So I guess we should be lucky. Love this place.

September has always been my favorite month to visit PCB. Now that my child is in school, I don't think I will get to visit PCB that time of year for many years to come.

We are going to stay a week in October during school fall break. I just hope the weather and water is still warm enough then. I have been the 1st week of October before, but this will be the 2nd week.

beachnut is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member
    Hey everyone, haven't been on in a while, not since last year in September. I've noticed a lot of rain offshore around the Panhandle that is going inland and recircling around back out over the gulf. Heard there could be 11" of rain somewhere down there with flooding, maybe Washington County. We are supposed to be coming in Saturday afternoon. Does anyone know if the rain will be out of the area then? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
    Hey everyone, haven't been on in a while, not since last year in September. I've noticed a lot of rain offshore around the Panhandle that is going inland and recircling around back out over the gulf. Heard there could be 11" of rain somewhere down there with flooding, maybe Washington County. We are supposed to be coming in Saturday afternoon. Does anyone know if the rain will be out of the area then? Thanks.
    I would just keep watching the forecast and the radar. I know the seas have been way up in the past few days, drawing a lot of dare-devil surfers to the high waves around the jetties. This was yesterday in the pass:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2781.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	439.3 KB 
ID:	6702

I think and hope the weather will calm down for you before you arrive.

Ridge is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member
    Hey Bowhunter. We've been down about a dozen times in October and only had 2 or 3 "cool" days. Usually we run into very warm temps both in and out of the water. If I don't marinate myself in sunscreen I become a crispy critter in a rush. Good luck and have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridge View Post
    Hey Bowhunter. We've been down about a dozen times in October and only had 2 or 3 "cool" days. Usually we run into very warm temps both in and out of the water. If I don't marinate myself in sunscreen I become a crispy critter in a rush. Good luck and have a great time!
    Thanks for the info!

We actually bumped up our trip to September. We are leaving next Saturday the 10th.

Thread Information