Home  |  Mobile  |  Apps  |  Social        

TripSmarter.Com

Thread: i need help

bunno is offline New TripSmarter.Com Member

i need help

my girlfriend and i will be staying in n.o for 3 nights in feb. .would like nice ,safe , central,hotel ...moderate priced... and request info on food ,bar, must see kinda stuff....my sincere thanks to anyone that can assist

Gene is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member

Where to stay

Hi Bunno,
    One of the newer centrally located hotels is the Astor Crowne Plaza on the corner of Bourbon and Iberville St in the French Quarter.
    February is one of the busiest months of the year. So, moderately priced rooms is a relative thing during peak periods.
    Also you can try the Maison Dupuy on Toulouse St.

Good luck!
    -Gene

I've eaten at a few restaurants in New Orleans, and although I'm far from an expert, I can definitely recommend a few:

Commander's Palace - It just doesn't get any better than this. Period.
    201 - Try the rack of lamb...mmmm!
    Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville - Great place for drinks and reasonably priced food.
    House of Blues - Great atmosphere and food. Tons of "Outsider Art" for that Big Easy feel. Another good place for drinks, too.
    Tujaque's - I think it's N.O.'s oldest restaurant... tons of history and you can see it displayed on the walls with photos, antiques and other memorabilia. Great food, too!

You can also read reviews and see videos in our New Orleans Dining & Restaurant Guide

Also, for things to do, check out our New Orleans Attractions section... I'd recommend walking around in the French Quarter (of course!)... you'll find so many cool shops, bars, restaurants, etc... IMAX theater if you've never been to one, the Aquarium of the Americas, NOMA (New Orlenas Museum of Art) - they have a great exhibit from Egypt thru February, Harrah's (if you like to gamble), Garden District tour, and visit every restaurant or bar that looks inviting to you!

And if you still need to find a place to stay, you can check our New Orleans Hotels and Accommodations section or search for a room with our Hotel search engine!

And for general info about New Orleans, see our New Orleans Travel Archives

Good luck!
    Last edited by swn5363; January-26th,2004 at 11:48 AM.

cor is offline New TripSmarter.Com Member

Hotel room in Baton Rouge available for Feb 21 thro 23

Hotel room in Baton Rouge available for Feb 21 thro 23
    Hello
    We have hotel room reservations in Baton Rouge for Mardi gras from Feb 21st thro 23rd.
    If any one is interested - for details drop me a line - cornovak@yahoo.com

~Cor

Thread Information