Home  |  Mobile  |  Apps  |  Social        

TripSmarter.Com

Thread: Hotel Royal

rosco is offline New TripSmarter.Com Member

Hotel Royal

Does anyone have any information on the Hotel Royal on Royal St. in the French Quarter. Also any information as to activities or things to see and do during the month of June would be appreciated. Are the haunted tours worth going on, and if so which ones would you suggest we take.

Gene is offline Senior TripSmarter.Com Member

Hotel Royal?

Rosco,
    I'm not familiar with the Hotel Royal. Is it a small property? What is the address....?
    Haunted History Tours I hear is one of the best Haunted Walking tours in the French Quarter. Look into that one and you shouldn't be disappointed.

June.....Hmmmmm. I suggest that you keep coming abck to Tripsmarter.com for events as they become available. The weather is usually gettting warmer around that time of year, so dress comfortably. Most places are casual around that time of year too...so don't be afraid to wear shorts most of the time, but you should call restaurants before to see if shorts are permitted for dinner.

Otherwise, check back as June approaches....I'm sure there will be lots to do.

-Gene

Gene's right! Keep checking as we add events to the NOLA calendar every day! One of the most popular events in June is the French Market Tomato Festival... check out our New Orleans Special Events Calendar for more info!

rosco is offline New TripSmarter.Com Member

hotel royal address

Hotel Royal is located at 1006 Royal St.. It is right off of St. Philip, I believe. I would really appreciate any other info.

Thanx

Hotel Royal

Hotel Royal is, as you mentioned/deduced, located on the northeast corner (but here we say lakeside/riverside) of St. Philip (one "L") and Royal Streets. It is a small, independent hotel located directly across the street from the only public (elementary) school in the French Quarter (which was the original city of New Orleans). There is a small convenience store in the bottom floor of the hotel and a C.C.'s coffee shop (Community Coffee, one of the local brewers and a fave here in N.O.) on the opposite corner.

The last time I was there, it was clean-looking and appeared well-run. If you need additional information such as phone number, rates, etc., I will be happy to try and find that info for you, or if you need additional info on sites in and around the city let me know. I am regularly in the 'Quarter' (as it is affectionately known here) and would be happy to look up any info you need.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your stay.

[email protected]

Tours

Sorry,

As Gene mentioned, above, the walking tours are all to my knowledge quite interesting and worthwhile and the haunted tours (the Haunted history Tour in particular) have received much praise lately. the one you mentioned meets across the street from Pat O'Brien's in the 700 block of St. Peter Street, although I have no information on rates, times, etc.,

Good luck,

SDI
    [email protected]

Thread Information