Home  |  Mobile  |  Apps  |  Social        

TripSmarter.Com
    Sandman is offline New TripSmarter.Com Member

GW Fins Unique Crab Catch

Four types of crabs on one plate is a seafood lover’s dream – especially when those crabs are the top quality from each of their respective regions! Executive Chef Tenney Flynn’s commitment to only the best seafood products not only from our local waters but from around the globe is demonstrated once again with his latest Crab Catch special. This unforgettable dish places the exotic Australian Spanner crab (considered a delicacy in Asia but rarely seen in the Deep South), the renowned Alaskan King crab and the popular Dungeness crab all on one plate chilled over ice. These crabs are complimented by a local Blue crab slaw and tangy Creole mustard cream dipping sauce. Dine at GW Fins Friday, January 20th through Sunday, February 26th to check out Chef Tenney’s amazing Crab Catch special. This in-demand dish can be ordered as an entrée or as a shareable appetizer and sells for $31.50 for one and one-half (1 ½) pounds of delicately flavored whole crab. Chef Tenney Flynn’s dish features the best meat from each crab species with Alaskan King crab legs, clusters of Dungeness crabs and claws from the Australia Spanner crab. All are served chilled with a spicy Louisiana blue crab slaw and a Creole mustard cream dipping sauce. This simple preparation heightens the natural flavor of each. “The Australian Spanner crab is named so after a Spanner wrench but don’t let the unusual, almost pre-historic look of the crab intimidate you - not only is the meat brilliant white, it’s very sweet,” explains Chef and partner, Tenney Flynn. “It’s exciting to once again obtain these types of unique products following the hurricane,” Chef Flynn further remarks.
    GW Fins’ Crab Catch special runs from Friday, January 20th through Sunday, February 26th, sells for $31.50 and features one and one-half (1 ½ ) pounds of succulent whole crab. GW Fins is located in the heart of the French Quarter at 808 Bienville Street, between Bourbon and Dauphine Streets. The restaurant is open for dinner Tuesday through Saturday evenings starting at 5pm. Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling (504) 581-FINS (3467) or visiting www.gwfins.com. GW Fins validates parking at the Town Park garage in the 700 block of Iberville on the left-hand side, a short one-block walk from the restaurant.

I have been planning to shoot over and try Mr. B's again BUT will add this to my list since I am a huge crab fan.

Grew up on blues crab and Barqs in Ocean Springs Miss.

And tried Dungeness out in SF on the wharf and became an instant member of it's fan club too.

Thanks for great info on this one.

Trips To New Orleans

I have taken two tripsover to the Big Easy in last month and it still has a long way to go. Mr. B's is not open yet I was told much to my EXTREME disappointment.

Had a great meal at Mother's, a NO institution, one night and at Houston's in Metairie another night.

A nice find was my hotel, Country Inn and Suites on Magazine. Built in seven historical buildings it is a nice find in a great location right off the Quarter. Marriott is too high rate wise IMO and I got a $99 rate both trips in here. Free breakfast, a small lobby bar and the most comfortable beds plus free internet.

Service was lacking here on both trips as the staff seems to have a glazed look and attitude BUT I am chalking it up to the depression of Katrina and the long eay they still have to get back to normal and so will be praying for them that they be blessed.

My only other disappointment was that some of the things that NO does NOT need seem to be back in force and more of them are showing up in places vacated after the storm.

Try Country Inn an SUites at 315 Magazine and tell 'em KeithGoesCoastal sent you.

KeithGoesCoastal.com

Thread Information